A Nuts And Bolts Guide For Wheelers And Slow Walkers
Billed as the definitive guide to accessible travel, this indispensable resource contains detailed information about the logistics of planning accessible travel by plane, train, bus and ship. The third edition features information on the recently updated air travel laws, updated resources, a new shore excursion chapter and extended ground transportation resources.
Lots Of New Resources
- Air Travel
- Protecting Your Wheelchair
- Airport Security
- Traveling With Oxygen
- Finding an Accessible Room
- Finding A Travel Agent - Do You Even Need One?
- Booking Accessible Travel on the internet
- Accessible Recreation Options
- Budget Travel
- How to Advocate for Yourself
New To This Edition—
- Updated information on the revisions in the Air Carrier Access Act, as of May 2009.
- A new chapter about planning accessible shore excursions, complete with contact details of 45 tour operators with ramped or lift-equipped vehicles.
- Details on Canada's one-person one-fare law that went into effect January 10, 2009
- Information on the new airline regulations about the in-flight use of portable oxygen concentrators
- Complete contact information for 16 accessible van rental companies in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
- Details of the new EU PRM regarding accessible air travel in Europe, that were fully implemented in 2008.
A great resource for wheelchair or scooter-users, slow walkers, travel agents, CILs and libraries. Authored by accessible travel guru Candy Harrington; the editor of Emerging Horizons and author of 101 Accessible Vacations and There is Room at the Inn.